Friday, April 26, 2013

Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Birds of a Feather

From the family of crows in my back yard 
to the herons that fish in the bay behind my house, 
I see wonderful groups of birds in every season.

 The crows are here all year.  I love them most in summer when I can watch them giving lessons to the new fledgelings.  I have a special tree where many of the lessons take place.  When a session is over, the mother runs over to a nearby strawberry field to get a strawberry for the reward.

These Canada geese in their easily recognizable V formation 
have the last rays of the sunset behind them, turning their backs red.

Beautiful herons gather in the bays, some fishing, 
others standing together in couples.
Spring wouldn't be spring with out gatherings of birds, 
birds of a feather.

I’m participating in LetsBeWild.com’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge. This week’s Challenge is: Birds of a Feather!

No comments: